Recent Trends in U.S. Services Trade: 2018 Annual Report
Investigation no. 332-345
Publication 4789 (June 2018)
Welcome to the homepage for the Recent Trends in U.S. Services Trade: 2018 Annual Report, published by the U.S. International Trade Commission (Commission or USITC). Recent Trends is the Commission’s annual report on U.S. services trade. This year, the report covers electronic services. It presents an overview of U.S. trade in services, and discusses market conditions, trade trends, and industry outlooks for audiovisual services, computer and data processing services, and telecommunications services. It also summarizes the USITC’s eleventh annual services roundtable.
The report is enhanced by interactive figures that display U.S. services trade with the United States’ five largest services trade partners, and U.S. trade in six individual services sectors. These figures show cross-border trade in services, which occurs when suppliers in one country sell services to consumers in another country. Links to the interactive figures can be accessed through the menu on the left.
Note: the United States also sells services abroad through foreign affiliates of U.S. firms, and purchases services from U.S. affiliates of foreign firms. However, since data reported for these transactions are less detailed than data for cross-border trade in services, they are not shown in this interactive format. Affiliate trade is covered in the full report.
- U.S. Services Trade with Canada, 2011–15
- U.S. Services Trade with China, 2011–15
- U.S. Services Trade with the European Union, 2011–15
- U.S. Services Trade with Japan, 2011–15
- U.S. Services Trade with Mexico, 2011–15
- U.S. Trade in Charges for the Use of Intellectual Property: 2011–2015
- U.S. Trade in Distribution Services, 2011–15
- U.S. Trade in Electronic Services, 2011–15
- U.S. Trade in Financial Services, 2011–15
- U.S. Trade in Professional Services, 2011–15
- U.S. Trade in Travel Services, 2011–15