News Release 20-056
Inv. No(s). 701-TA-630 (Final)
Contact: Peg O'Laughlin, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is not materially injured or threatened with material injury by reason of imports of glass containers from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are subsidized by the government of China.
Chairman David S. Johanson and Commissioners Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, Jason E. Kearns, Randolph J. Stayin, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the negative.
As a result of the Commission’s negative determination, no countervailing duty order will be imposed on imports of this product from China.
The Commission’s public report Glass Containers from China (Inv. No. 701-TA-630 (Final), USITC Publication 5068, June 2020) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigation.
The report will be available by July 14, 2020; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Glass Containers from China
Investigation No. 701-TA-630 (Final)
Product Description: Certain glass containers with a nominal capacity of 0.059 liters (2.0 fluid ounces) up to and including 4.0 liters (135.256 fluid ounces) and an opening or mouth with a nominal outer diameter of 14 millimeters up to and including 120 millimeters. The scope includes glass jars, bottles, flasks and similar containers; with or without their closures; whether clear or colored; and with or without design or functional enhancements (including, but not limited to, handles, embossing, labeling, or etching).
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final phase countervailing duty investigation.
2. Petitioners: American Glass Packaging Coalition, Tampa, FL and Chicago, IL.
3. USITC Institution Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
5. USITC Vote Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Friday, June 26, 2020.
U.S. Industry in 2019:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 6.
2. Location of producers’ plants: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin.
3. Production and related workers: 10,849.
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2019:
1. Subject imports: 1
2. Nonsubject imports: 1
3. Leading import sources: China and Mexico.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.