The U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) enters into force on July 1, 2020, and the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) has updated the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS) to reflect USMCA-related and other revisions.
The text of the most recent HTS and the accompanying duty rates are available on the USITC website at https://hts.usitc.gov/current.
- new USMCA rules of origin;
- tariff changes to implement the USMCA;
- removing expired North American Free Trade Agreement provisions;
- rules of origin changes for the Singapore, Colombia, and Korea Free Trade Agreements (not yet in effect);
- Generalized System of Preferences technical corrections; and
- new statistical breakout categories, including breakouts for certain COVID-19-related products.