The 2020 Basic HTS includes:
- changes in many statistical units of quantity needed for Customs enforcement of recent drawback legislation;
- staged reductions in preferential duty rates applicable under existing (already proclaimed) free trade agreements and effective as of January 1, 2020;
- cumulative changes that took effect during calendar year 2019 as reflected in the on-line HTS available on the USITC website (see the Change Record). Users may download the HTS data in a variety of formats, including comma delimited, Excel spreadsheet, and machine-readable JSON formats.
- a list of products for which additional tariffs for goods of China were suspended on December 15, 2019; and
- particular product exclusions granted by the U.S. Trade Representative in a notice published on December 18, 2019.
Detailed information on changes to the HTS can be found in the document’s Preface.
The printed version of the 2020 Basic HTS will be available within a few weeks and can be ordered from the Government Publishing Office.