News Release 22-75
Inv. No(s). 731 TA-1567-1569 (Final)
Contact: Jennifer Andberg, 202-205-1819
The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is not materially injured or threatened with material injury by reason of imports of Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Rubber from France, Mexico, and South Korea that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chairman David S. Johanson and Commissioners Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, Jason E. Kearns, Randolph J. Stayin, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the negative.
As a result of the Commission’s negative determinations, Commerce will not issue antidumping duty orders on imports of this product from France, Mexico, and South Korea.
The Commission’s public report Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Rubber from France, Mexico, and South Korea (Inv. Nos. Inv. No. 731 TA-1567-1569 (Final), USITC Publication 5336, August 2022) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by August 22, 2022; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Acrylonitrile-Butadiene Rubber from France, Mexico, and South Korea
Investigation Nos. 731 TA-1567-1569 (Final)
The product covered by these investigations is commonly referred to as acrylonitrile butadiene rubber or nitrile rubber, a synthetic rubber produced by the emulsion polymerization of butadiene and acrylonitrile with or without the incorporation of a third component selected from methacrylic acid or isoprene. Coverage includes the product in solid or non-aqueous liquid form and includes carboxylated acrylonitrile butadiene rubber. The product is sold to customers who use it in downstream production of various products. It is most used in applications where a moderate level of heat and oil or fuel resistance is required, such as applications in the industrial hose, automotive, and the oil and gas industries. Downstream product applications include, but are not limited to, hoses, air ducts, oil and gas components, construction insulation, adhesives, mats, wires and cables, and seals for automotive and industrial use.
Status of Proceedings:
- Type of investigation: Final antidumping duty investigations.
- Petitioners: Zeon Chemicals L.P., Louisville, KY; Zeon GP, LLC, Louisville, KY (collectively "Zeon").
- USITC Institution Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
- USITC Hearing Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
- USITC Vote Date: Monday, July 11, 2022.
- USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Monday, August 1, 2022.
U.S. Industry in 2021:
- Number of U.S. producers: 1.
- Location of producer’s plant: Kentucky.
- Production and related workers: 
- U.S. producer’s U.S. shipments: 1
- Apparent U.S. consumption: $165.1 million.
- Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 54.4 percent.
U.S. Imports in 2021:
- Subject imports: $89.8 million.
- Nonsubject imports: 1
- Leading import sources: France, Japan, Mexico, and South Korea.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.