The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of chassis and subassemblies from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chair Jason E. Kearns, Vice Chair Randolph J. Stayin, and Commissioners David S. Johanson, Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determination, Commerce will issue an antidumping duty order on imports of this product from China.
The Commission’s public report Chassis and Subassemblies from China (Inv. No. 731-TA-1537 (Final), USITC Publication 5211, June 2021) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigation.
The report will be available by July 22, 2021; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Chassis and Subassemblies from China
Investigation No. 731-TA-1537 (Final)
Product Description: Chassis are skeletal rectangular framed trailers used to transport shipping containers. The rectangular frame is made up of steel with a suspension and axle system, wheels and tires, brakes, a lighting and electrical system, a coupling for towing behind a truck tractor, and a locking system or systems to secure the shipping container or containers attached to the chassis. Chassis are designed to carry containers of various sizes (usually ranging from 20-feet to 53-feet in the United States).
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final antidumping duty investigation.
2. Petitioners: Coalition of American Chassis Manufacturers (Cheetah Chassis Corporation, Fairless Hills, PA; Hercules Enterprises LLC, Hillsborough, NJ; Pitts Enterprises, Inc., Pittsview, AL; Pratt Industries, Inc., Bridgman, MI; Stoughton Trailers, Stoughton, WI.)
3. USITC Institution Date: Thursday, July 30, 2020.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021.
5. USITC Vote Date: Monday, June 21, 2021.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Thursday, July 1, 2021.
U.S. Industry in 2020:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 5.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Alabama, California, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
3. Production and related workers: 
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 1
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2020:
1. Subject imports: 1
2. Nonsubject imports: 1
3. Leading import sources: China, Mexico.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.