The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of quartz surface products from India and Turkey that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are subsidized and sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chairman David S. Johanson and Commissioners Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, Jason E. Kearns, Randolph J. Stayin, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping and countervailing duty orders on imports of this product from India and Turkey.
The Commission also made negative findings concerning critical circumstances with regard to imports of this product from India and Turkey. As a result, imports of quartz surface products from India and Turkey will not be subject to retroactive countervailing duties.
The Commission’s public report Quartz Surface Products from India and Turkey (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-624-625 and 731-TA-1450-1451 (Final), USITC Publication 5061, June 2020) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by July 1, 2020; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Quartz Surface Products from India and Turkey
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-624-625 and 731-TA-1450-1451 (Final)
Product Description: Quartz surface products consist of slabs and other surfaces created from a mixture of materials that includes predominately silica (e.g., quartz, quartz powder, cristobalite), resin binder (e.g., an unsaturated polyester), and other materials, including, but not limited to, pigments, cement, or other additives. In addition to slabs, the scope of these investigations includes, but is not limited to, other surfaces such as countertops, backsplashes, vanity tops, bar tops, work tops, tabletops, flooring, wall facing, shower surrounds, fireplace surrounds, mantels, and tiles. Quartz surface products are covered by these investigations whether or not polished, cut, fabricated, cured, edged, finished, thermoformed, packaged, and regardless of the type of surface finish.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final phase antidumping duty and countervailing duty investigations.
2. Petitioner: Cambria Company LLC, Le Sueur, MN.
3. USITC Institution Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2020.
5. USITC Vote Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Monday, June 15, 2020.
U.S. Industry in 2019:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 6.
2. Location of producers’ plants: California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio, and Tennessee.
3. Production and related workers: 
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: 2
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 2
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 2
U.S. Imports in 2019:
1. Subject imports: 2
2. Nonsubject imports: 2
3. Leading import sources: India, Spain, Vietnam, Turkey, and Israel.