The United States International Trade Commission (USITC) today determined that a U.S. industry is materially injured by reason of imports of wooden cabinets and vanities from China that the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce) has determined are subsidized and sold in the United States at less than fair value.
Chairman David S. Johanson and Commissioners Rhonda K. Schmidtlein, Jason E. Kearns, Randolph J. Stayin, and Amy A. Karpel voted in the affirmative.
As a result of the Commission’s affirmative determinations, Commerce will issue antidumping and countervailing duty orders on imports of these products from China.
The Commission’s public report Wooden Cabinets and Vanities from China (Inv. Nos. 701-TA-620 and 731-TA-1445 (Final), USITC Publication 5042, April 2020) will contain the views of the Commission and information developed during the investigations.
The report will be available by April 27, 2020; when available, it may be accessed on the USITC website at: http://pubapps.usitc.gov/applications/publogs/qry_publication_loglist.asp.
UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL TRADE COMMISSION
Washington, DC 20436
Wooden Cabinets and Vanities from China
Investigation Nos. 701-TA-620 and 731-TA-1445 (Final)
Product Description: Wooden cabinets and vanities ("WCVs") are wood‐constructed products used for permanently installed cabinetry that are usually found in the kitchen (in the case of cabinets) or the bathroom (in the case of vanities). WCVs have physical characteristics applicable to the intended use for storage and easy access of various household items. WCVs may be sold in a fully assembled form, where the product is ready for installation, or in a "flat pack" or "ready to assemble" ("RTA") form, which contains most or all of the items required to assemble a cabinet or vanity into its completed form. WCVs are manufactured wholly or in part from wood products, including natural wood and engineered wood products. In addition to the wood components, these products may contain certain quantities of non‐wood material such as glass, vinyl, plastics, and metal.
Status of Proceedings:
1. Type of investigation: Final phase antidumping duty and countervailing duty investigations.
2. Petitioners: American Kitchen Cabinet Alliance, Reston, VA.
3. USITC Institution Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
4. USITC Hearing Date: Thursday, February 20, 2020.
5. USITC Vote Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
6. USITC Notification to Commerce Date: Monday, April 13, 2020. [CORRECTED]
U.S. Industry in 2018:
1. Number of U.S. producers: 49.
2. Location of producers’ plants: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
3. Production and related workers: 35,459.
4. U.S. producers’ U.S. shipments: $7.2 billion.
5. Apparent U.S. consumption: 1
6. Ratio of subject imports to apparent U.S. consumption: 1
U.S. Imports in 2018:
1. Subject imports: 
2. Nonsubject imports: 1
3. Leading import sources: China.
 Withheld to avoid disclosure of business proprietary information.