OAS implements, executes, and coordinates the administrative and management functions of the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), as set out below. The office leads the Human Capital Committee, Internal Administration Committee, and the USITC’s internal rules, telework, and federal employee viewpoint survey and employee engagement programs.
To fulfill its mission, OAS performs the following functions:
A. Directs –
1. The management of the functions performed by the Office of Human Resources, the Office of Security and Support Services, and the Office of the Secretary.
2. The management of the functions performed by the Management and Program Analysis Division, which supports the Chief Administrative Officer in the management of OAS component offices and the functions of OAS.
B. Leads –
1. Agency-wide human capital management efforts with the assistance of the Office of Human Resources, labor relation activities on behalf of the USITC’s management, internal policy and procedure development, and all major space planning projects.
2. The Human Capital Committee.
3. The Internal Administration Committee.
C. Oversees –
1. Administrative programs and benefits.
2. Financial management for agency-wide cost centers, including Personnel, Security and Support Services, and Administrative Services, and associated contract management.
3. The USITC’s System of Internal Rules.
4. The USITC’s awards program.
5. The USITC’s Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey and Employee Engagement program.
6. The USITC’s telework and remote work programs.
D. Provides –
1. Agency-wide and administrative management and program analysis and communication, policy development and analysis, process re-engineering and mapping, analytical and writing support for special projects and studies.
2. Senior management guidance and technical expertise related to the functions set forth in this statement.
E. Develops, reviews, and revises –
1. Policies related to the functions set forth in this statement consistent with USITC Directive DI03.01-0000-2018, “System of Internal Rules”.
2. Procedures with agency-wide or interoffice applicability related to the functions set forth in this statement consistent with USITC Directive DI03.01-0000-2018, “System of Internal Rules”.
F. Follows and supports all agency-wide functions including EEO, ethics, audit follow-up, risk management, and property management.