Section 1205(a) of the Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988 (the "1988 Act") (19 U.S.C. 3005 (a)) directs the United States International Trade Commission (the "Commission") to keep the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS) under continuous review and periodically to recommend to the President such modifications to the HTS as the Commission considers necessary or appropriate to accomplish the purposes set forth in that subsection. Pursuant to sections 1205(c) and (d) of the 1988 Act (19 U.S.C. 3005 (c) and (d)), the Commission has instituted an investigation to prepare modifications to the HTS to conform the HTS to amendments made to the International Convention on the Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System and the Protocol thereto (the "Convention").
Below are documents related to 1205-13, Recommended Modifications in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, 2020:
- Commission News Release 19-099, instituting USITC Inv. 1205-13, dated October 2, 2019
- Federal Register Notice instituting the investigation, October 8, 2019
- Federal Register Notice soliciting public comments on proposed recommendations, November 17, 2020
- WCO Recommendation of June 28 2019 concerning amendments to the Harmonized System Nomenclature
- USITC Inv. 1205-13, Recommended Modifications to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, 2020, Pub. No. 5139 (Nov. 2020)
- Commission News Release 20-135, USITC Seeks Comments on Proposed Modifications to the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule, dated November 20, 2020