Are you looking for information on the recent Presidential Proclamations adjusting imports of Steel and Aluminum into the United States?
- The modifications to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS) made by the most recent Presidential Proclamations are included in the latest edition of the HTS, which can be found here (https://hts.usitc.gov/current). This edition is current as of June 1, 2018.
- Please refer to Chapter 99, subchapter III, U.S. note 16 and U.S. note 19, which have been significantly modified to take into account these newly proclaimed provisions pertaining to steel and aluminum products and to provide further guidance to Customs and to users of the HTS about fees and charges they may owe. The information in chapter 99 should be read in conjunction with the provisions of chapters 72 and 73 (steel) and 76 (aluminum). Importers should be aware that additional changes may occur and should watch for further updates to the chapter.
- To learn about Customs’ administration of these provisions, click: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/programs-administration/entry-summary/232-tariffs-aluminum-and-steel/faqs
- For specific interpretive questions, click: email@example.com.
- For classification and enforcement questions, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has posted additional information: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/programs-administration/entry-summary/232-tariffs-aluminum-and-steel