The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) administers the USITC affirmative action program. The Director advises the Chairman and USITC managers on all equal employment issues; evaluates the sufficiency of the agency’s EEO program and recommends improvements or corrections, including remedial and disciplinary action; establishes and maintains a diversity outreach program; and monitors recruitment activities to assure fairness in agency hiring practices.
The mission of the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity is to advise the Chairman on Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and programs that will most effectively enable the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) to carry out its mission, and to coordinate and administer the EEO program in accordance with pertinent federal laws and regulations, and the policies of the USITC. The Director, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, reports directly to the Chairman.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (42 U.S.C. 2000e et seq.)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) (29 U.S.C. 621 et seq.)
- Equal Pay Act (29 U.S.C. 206(d))
- Vocational Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 791 et seq.)
- the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12183)
- 29 CFR Part 1614; 5 CFR Part 720
- EEOC Management Directives MD110 and 715
- and other laws and regulations relating to equity in Federal hiring and employment practices