GATING CRITERIA AND MONITORING
- The Chairman will assess when to begin progression through each phase under the agency’s phased plan to re-establish on-site business operations based upon Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Office of Personnel Management (OPM), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance.
- The relevant guidance recommends a 14-day downward trajectory of benchmark metrics in COVID-19 cases in the region, among many other factors, before each phase can begin, and again each time before moving on to the next phase of the phase plan.
- The Chairman will review state and regional orders and recommendations, as well as other relevant factors, including mass-transit availability, school and daycare/camp closures, parking availability, facility requirements, and mission requirements prior to determining phase status.
- There is no set timeline for entering into any specific phase.
- All changes in phase status will be posted on the Commission’s website.
PHASE ONE AND PHASE TWO
When the Chairman determines that the gating criteria are met and the agency’s operational needs warrant progression in view of all the external and internal factors, the Commission will progress through Phase One and Phase Two.
- The USITC COVID-19 Action Plan will remain in effect
- The USITC Building will remain closed to the public, and accessible only by employees.
- The suspension of in-person Commission activities will remain in effect, and alternative procedures for remote proceedings, conferences, and seminars will govern; and
- Temporary modification of certain Commission Rules of Practice and Procedure (Rules) will remain in effect.
When the Chairman determines that the gating criteria are met for a third time, and the agency’s operational needs warrant progression in view of all the external and internal factors, the Commission will progress to Phase Three.
- Normal on-site business operations resume at the USITC Building.
- The USITC Building will re-open to the public for access
- All in-person activities at the USITC Building may resume at this time, and all suspensions are lifted.
- Prior to entering Phase Three, the agency may indicate any procedures and protocols instituted during Phase One and Phase Two that may be modified or remain in effect during Phase Three. Such items will be posted on the Commission’s website.
The USITC will institute New Building Visitor Access Procedures
- Visitors to the USITC Building must check in at the Ground Floor Guard’s Station (regardless of access point – front entrance or garage) before proceeding elsewhere within the building.
- The Guards will screen all visitors consistent with normal procedures, including requiring that they enter their name and telephone number in the Visitor Logbook.
- Visitors will be required to self-certify that they are not displaying COVID-19 symptoms and have not knowingly been in recent contact with someone who has, or is suspected to have, COVID-19. There will be large posters with a health questionnaire displayed in the lobby entrance near the elevator bank and the stairwell entrance(s). The agency will treat each person who proceeds past the Ground Floor Guard’s Station as having self-certified that the answer to each of the questions is no. Anyone who cannot negatively respond to each question should leave the building. USITC employees and contractors who must leave should contact their supervisor or contracting officer’s technical representative.